AI in the Real World
I was excited to serve as an expert commentator on AI during the AI in the Real World segment. With Sasha Twining, we explored real-world applications of AI, and how they have converted AI initiatives into AI solutions that solve real world problems. Speakers included Mailiis Ploomann, Head of Telecom Services, Elisa on how they are using AI that is effective for the customer. We also heard insights from Pamela Morales-Cabudoy of Globe Telecom, as well as others on how AI is driving transformation and automation.
My big takeaways on the AI in the Real World segment surrounded the topics of data, 5G and adapting to change. It was great to hear from all our speakers on the need to adapt especially with the current challenges around COVID.
Keynote: Sustainable data-based economy
- Recognition of the importance of data and its value – currently an unsolved problem
- Digital identities as a framework
- Decentralization of data markets as a precondition to change status quo – how and what is missing
- Addressing current pressing issues – Internet, data and geopolitics
- Data trusts – case examples; and data as an education subject
- Technologies facilitating ethical and beneficial data (business) models
Dr Anastassia Lauderbach, CEO, 1AU-Ventures
Building AI that’s actually useful
- Why most chatbots still disappoint more often than not – its’ not the technology, but mostly of process design
- Developing solutions for customers that they can both speak and write – sharing our experience and insights
- The secret of making the bot helpful for the customers and effective for the company
Mailiis Ploomann, Head of Telecom Services, Elisa Eesti
Markus Lippus, Co-founder and Data Science Lead, MindTitan
Using data and analytics to drive business transformation & AI
Vijay Raja, Director, Industry & Solutions, Cloudera
Pamela Morales-Cabudoy, Director for Advanced Analytics, Enterprise Data Office, Globe Telecom
5G Assurance: is AI/ML-based automation coming to reality?
- Virtualised and cloud-native 5G networks challenges
- AI/ML-based automation: a mature approach?
- CSPs’ concrete plans to implement AI/ML in operations
- The road to 5G Zero Touch operations
Anil Rao, Principal Analyst, Analysys Mason
Stefano Capperi, Director – WW Solutioning & Pursuit, Growth Initiatives Practice Leader, Helwett Packard Enterprise